CF&M is knowledgeable of and understands the filing requirements of the IRS, State and local agencies. We are intimately knowledge with:
- 990 series filings with the IRS
- Form 990: tax-exempt organizations required to file a Form 990-series return must file a Form 990, rather than a Form 990-EZ, if its annual gross receipts for the tax year were greater than or equal to $200,000 or if its total assets at the conclusion of the 2010 tax year were greater than or equal to $500,000.
- Form 990-EZ: tax-exempt organizations with gross receipts less than $200,000 and total assets less than $500,000 at the conclusion of the taxable year are required to file Form 990-EZ.
- Form 990-N: the IRS now requires small tax-exempt organizations not required to file Forms 990 and 990-EZ with annual gross receipts less than or equal to $50,000 to file Form 990-N, Electronic Notice.
- 1203 and 1024 Tax-exempt Applications for 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations.
- Other compliance filings, including, but not limited to:
- Review or preparation of Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting, and Unemployment Insurance Returns (Federal/State)
- Annual W-2 and W-3 Forms
- Form 1099-MISC
In addition to compliance filings, CF&M assists clients with tax research and assistance on for-profit and not-for-profit issues including mergers and acquisitions, unrelated business tax, and split interest gifts. Further, CF&M assists in the preparation of charitable trust returns, tax preparation and planning for executives and board members, review of quid pro quo, substantiation and disclosure policies, and representation at IRS and other regulatory audits.